Monday, September 6, 2010

Continuing Catch-Up

That last post was getting a little long so I'm continuing the catch-up here. I promise I'll be better about updating in the future!

For this cake, Mr. Brendan was turning 1! It's hard to believe that it's been a year since I did his baby shower cake (it was the one with big blocks with A,B,C and then little blocks spelling out Brendan). For this cake his mom wanted a big #1 with blue and brown polka-dots. I also did a small smash-cake for Brendan to have a ball with! (Chocolate cake. Vanilla buttercream. May 1)




This cake was for a going-away party for a person moving across the country and away from her beloved canine agility friends. This surprise cake featured all the canine agility course requirements: (l-r) Tire Hoop, See-Saw, Pause Table, Hurdle, Canvas Tunnel, and Weaving Poles. The client, who has a fantastic sense of humor, even asked for little doggie "messes" in the brush! (Chocolate cake. Vanilla buttercream. June 5.)





This cake I just adore! I did it for my sister's Virginia Tech graduate school graduation party. The VT logo and floating stars are gumpaste and the circles and ball decorations are homemade marshmallow fondant. (Strawberry and Vanilla cake. Gumpaste and fondant accents. Vanilla buttercream. May 15).




This cake was a baby shower cake for a couple having a little boy. Their friends combined the parents names, Trevor and Heather, and called the un-named baby "Treather." Knowing he would grow up to be like his mom and dad and be very into sports they asked that I included their favorites: basketball, baseball, hockey and disc golf. (French vanilla cake. French vanilla buttercream. June 26.)


Ok one more post for August (a busy month for me!) coming shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment